Playing your first song with JukeLab is easy as `1234`!
- Open a jukebox like JukeLab 101 in your web browser by CLICKING HERE
0001to select a song
- First two digits
00select a record
- Next two digits
01select the song
- First two digits
- Log into Spotify Premium if prompted
- Use the arrow keys to scroll through all the records
- Type another 4 digit number to queue the next song, e.g.
Hosting a party with JukeLab takes more thought to:
- Set up a dedicated playback device
- Build your own playlist
The JukeLab Experience
JukeLab simulates an old-school jukebox that lets your friends choose the music all night. The experience is best when JukeLab is:
- pre-loaded with 100 records curated to fit your party vibe
- running on a tablet in full screen
- controlled with a physical keyboard or numpad
- set up in a common area where everyone can interact with it
Now everyone can participate in selecting music without using phones, hijacking bluetooth, etc.
JukeLab has tablets and numpads to rent or borrow by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
JukeLab for iPad
An iPad and keyboard case is the most common device ready to rock for JukeLab.
First prepare the JukeLab app:
Next prepare your device:
- Set up your iPad and Keyboard Case
- Connect to your speakers as normal with a cable, AirPlay, Bluetooth, or Spotify Connect
- Start JukeLab
- Optionally set up “Guided Access” to keep your iPad restricted to JukeLab for security
JukeLab has curated playlists built in, and building your own playlist is easy:
- Create a Spotify Playlist with a name that starts with “JukeLab”, e.g. “JukeLab Picnic”
- Add up to 100 songs, one representing every album you want in the jukebox
- Open JukeLab and browse to “Playlists” to see your playlist, then press “SELECT” to load it
- JukeLab builds and shows a jukebox with 100 full albums to pick from
Note how easy managing a playlist of 100 songs is, compared to a playlist of 1000+ songs for 100 full albums. Add, remove and rearrange songs until your jukebox is perfect.
See the JukeLab 101 Playlist on Spotify for reference:
You’re ready to host a party now that you have:
- played your first song in the JukeLab web app
- set up a dedicated device
- made a custom jukebox playlist
Read about more features to enhance your JukeLab experience…
- Offline Mode